BBN Hark Telephony Recognizer
- Platform: Available for Unix-based workstation and PC
platforms including IBM RS6000/AIX and Pentium/SCO Unix.
- Description: Large vocabulary (2,000+ words), speaker
independent, continuous ASR software. Specifically designed for large
scale telephony applications. Using a client/server architecture, all
features and capabilities are integrated in one software product instead
of on separate boards. Very memory efficient, the Hark Telephony
Recognizer runs in as little as 2MB of physical memory. Multiple
recognizers can be run on a single platform. Uses Hidden Markov Model
and phoneme-based BBN recognition algorithms. An API is provided for
integration with existing applications. A developer's toolkit is
- Price and availability: Price varies depending on
vocabulary size. Version 3.0 available immediately.
- Misc: BBN Hark provides application design and human
factors consulting services. Regular monthly training classes on
developing speech-enabled applications are held at BBN Hark's Cambridge
- WWW: For additional information see
BBN Hark's home page.
- Contact: BBN Hark Systems
70 Fawcett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Tel: 617-873-4636 Fax: 617-873-2473
Section 6 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 14:23 26-Sep-1996