- Platform: SunOS4, IRIX, Linux, HU-UX
- Description: Large vocabulary, speaker independent,
continuous automatic speech recognition system. Uses recurrent neural
networks and hidden Markov models with a 5,000 word vocabulary
upgradable) and a trigram word grammar. Includes a front end for
waveform capture and display (including spectrogram) and a graphical
display of the phoneme representation as well as a rewriting display of
the best guess word sequence.
- Requirements: UN*X, X, 8 Mbyte free RAM, 486DX or faster
processor, 16 bit soundcard, reasonable quality microphone and a copy of
the Wall Street Journal newspaper.
- Price: Free for non-commercial use
- Availability: By anonymous ftp from
- Note 1: This is not a complete system for dictation.
- Note 2: At present there are no sources with this
distribution. For sources for an earlier version see the recnet entry.
- Note 3: Not supported.
Cambridge University Engineering Department
Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK
Tel: +44-1223-332815 Fax: +44-1223-332662
Section 6 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 00:25 19-Mar-1996