AT&T Watson Speech Synthesis
- Platform: Windows 95/NT on a Pentium 75 Mhz or higher
- Description: Watson is a software implementation of
AT&T Bell Laboratories voice processing technology.
Watson includes BLASR Speech
Recognition (see Q6.6) and FlexTalk speech synthesis. It requires no
special hardware to run other than a standard sound
card and/or phone card.
Technical details for the FlexTalk speech synthesis include:
The AT&T Advanced Speech Products
Group home page provides more detailed information including a
Frequently Asked Questions list,
information for application developers on the
Vendor (ISV) Program (including info on the
licensing, and the
- Compliant with MS
- Male and Female Voices available
- 8 KHz and 11 KHz output
- SoundBlaster compatible sound card and drivers required
- Context sensitive abbreviation expansion
- Accurate pronunciation of most proper names
- Adjustable vocal tract size, speed, volume, pitch, etc.
- American English only - other languages in development
- Requirements: Uses 2 MB RAM, 10 MB Disk.
Requires a Pentium 75 MHz or higher (uses < 50% CPU).
- Cost and Availability: WATSON is a software-based speech
platform with a Software Developers Kit (SDK) that allows application
developers to use voice processing in their applications.
It is not available as a stand-alone product.
Licensing information (inc. price) is provided in the
AT&T Advanced Speech Products
Group home page
- See also:
speech recognition in Q6.5,
Microsoft Speech API, and Advanced Speech API.
- Contact: AT&T Advanced Speech Products Group
Suite 700, 44 East Mifflin Street, Madison, WI 53703, USA
Ph: 1-800-5-WATSON, Fax: 1-608-259-2269
Section 5 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 13:49 31-May-1996