ToolVox from Voxware
- Platform: Windows and soon available on Mac (in Beta now)
- Description: ToolVox is a proprietary frequency domain
speech coder. 11 KHz speech is coded to an average rate of between
5,000 bits per second and 9,000 bps. Real-time compression algorithms
available for 2,400 bps. 22 KHz playback, as well as a ultra low bit
rate 8 KHz codec are coming soon. On playback, the time scale can be
changed by a 5x factor, pitch can be modified over a 3 octave range, and
vocal personality can be modified using a tranformation function called
- Misc 1: A SDK for Windows is available.
- Misc 2: Demo software is available from the Voxware Inc WWW page: http://www.voxware.com/
- Price: Basic toolkit is $895 US. OEM and mass
distribution licenses are separate. Ordering information is provided on
the Voxware WWW server.
Ph: (609) 497-1212 Fax: (609) 497-2490
Sale information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 3 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 00:18 19-Mar-1996