8 Kbit/s CELP on the TMS320C5x family of DSP chips
- Description: For low bandwidth transmission of voice,
compact voice storage for archival purposes, low-cost digital answering
machines and efficient storage for voice mail. Features :
- near toll quality at 8 Kb/s.
- Variable rate option with 1 Kb/s silence encoding.
- Implemented on a fixed-point processor for lower system cost.
- Attractive licensing scheme.
- Future availability of 4 Kb/s.
- Custom rates possible.
- Two half-duplex or one full duplex channels on the 20 MIPS 'C5x
(at 95% and 55% CPU utilization respectively).
- Two full duplex channels on the 28.6 MIPS 'C5x (at 77% CPU
- Requires 9 K-words program memory and 3 K-words data memory.
- Decoding in real-time on a 486 class CPU.
443 Vienna Cres. North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7N 3B3
Tel: (604) 987 1719 Fax: (604) 986 8139
Last Revision: 14:16 26-May-1995