FAQ: How can I use the Internet as a telephone?
- Description: Kevin M. Savetz and Andrew Sears have prepared an FAQ document titled FAQ: How can I use the Internet as a telephone? The current document has the following sections:
The section on available software covers the following:
- Can I use the Internet as a telephone?
- What do I need to call others on the Internet?
- How does it work?
- How do I make calls using a modem?
- Is the sound quality as good as a regular telephone?
- Is there a noticeable delay in hearing the other user?
- What is the difference between full duplex and half duplex?
- What is multicasting?
- Can I talk to users of other phone software?
- What software is available?
- Mac: Maven, NetPhone, CU-Seeme, PGPfone
- Windows: Speak Freely, CU-Seeme, Internet Phone, Digiphone, Internet Voice Chat, Internet Global Phone, Web Phone
- UNIX: Speak Freely, nevot, vat, mtalk, ztalk
- By Email
- Mail email@example.com
with "Subject: archive"
and "Body: send voice-faq"
- Contact: Andrew Sears: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Savetz: email@example.com
Section 1 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 00:10 19-Mar-1996